As the young lady who consistently suggests that other people who are transitioning to natural, you may wonder why I have this title for this piece. Well, let me clarify. I regret the way I went around doing the big chop. Back in late 2014, I simply washed my hair, chopped off the relaxed ends, looked in the mirror, took one picture, aaaaaaaaaand immediately called my friend begging her to put braids in my hair the next day. She came through.
I pretty much just kept it in braids for 6 or 7 months until I was comfortable with its length.
So here’s where I messed up:
- This would have been the perfect moment for me to experiment with cute short hairstyles.
- This would have been an even better opportunity for me to get comfortable with my face.
- Now I’m at that point where I’m wondering what I would look with those short cute hairstyles.
- Aaaaaaaaaand I’m at that point where my hair is long(ish), around bra strap length, and I don’t want to cut my hair back to that point, but I super want to see myself styled with short hair, but I also want that waist/hip length hair.
- OH GOD ALL OF THE REGRETS!
So, where do I go from here? Well, I don’t really know. I’m at that point where I really love my hair and I know what my hair likes, but I guess for now I’ll have to live vicariously through my friends doing the big chop now. Maybe one day I’ll get to the point where I don’t care enough about long hair and just chop it off again!